We started this unseasonably cold May morning with our first trip to Tanglewood Berry Farm. A USDA certified organic farm just a few minutes from our house (at the corner of Hadley and Covington, Fort Wayners! I had no idea a whole farm was back in there) It’s too early for berries, but we got some delicious baby greens for salads and sandwiches and lots of organic herb plants for our herb garden. The boys loved meeting the farm’s huge Italian Sheepdog, Leo, and seeing “Mr. Chicken” — as the 5 y.o. called it — lay an egg. Guess that wouldn’t make it “Mister” now, would it?
If you are in the area, please visit and support this lovely place!
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk (organic)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (organic)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/3 cups white whole wheat flour (I use King Arthur brand)
- whisk the powdered milk into the water until dissolved
- pour into bread machine pan and add yeast
- cut butter into small pieces and add to pan
- add honey, molasses, and salt
- add flour
- set your machine for whole wheat